“Projected Top 2012 Iowa HS T&F Teams” Interview –
with Keith Swenson, head girls track coach, Sibley-Ocheyedan HS Girls, 1A Division
1. Keys to your success as a team in 2012? We use John Wooden’s Definition of Success - "SUCCESS IS PEACE OF MIND, WHICH IS A DIRECT RESULT OF SELF SATISFACTION IN KNOWING YOU DID YOUR BEST TO BECOME THE BEST THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF BECOMING."
2. Team goals for 2012? Stay healthy.
3. Strongest event areas? Leah Seivert in 800, 1500, & 3000; distance medley; Nicole Rozeboom in long jump
4. Top returning athletes (and their class & event(s))?
Leah Seivert (10th Grade) - 2010 State 2A CC – 2nd; 2011 State 1A CC – 2nd; 2011 State 2A Track - 5th in 800, 1st in 1500, 3rd in 3000; Drake Relays - 6th in 3000
Nicole Rozeboom (11th Grade) - 2011 State 2A Track - 2nd in long jump
5. Top newcomers (and their class & event(s))? I will have to wait until May.
6. Other top teams in your division? This is the first year we will be competing in class 1A.