“Projected Top 2012 Iowa HS T&F Teams” Interview –
with Lisa Loecher, head girls track coach, Jesup HS, 2A Division.
1. Keys to your success as a team in 2012? Staying healthy and continue to develop mental toughness
2. Team goals for 2012? Improve on the personal bests from last year. Look to improve on our field events and sprint areas. You always want to place in the upper tier at conference, district and state meets.
3. Strongest event areas? 3,000m,1500m, 800m, mid to long distance relays, long jump
4. Top Returning athletes:
- Lindsey Kite (JR) 800m Class 2A State Champion, anchor leg of 4x800m (2nd place), anchor leg of Distance Medley Relay (6th place)
- Sammie Sproul (Soph) 3000m (2nd); 1500m (5th)
- Hannah Riensche (JR) Long Jump (9th)
- Bailey Wright (SR.) 3rd leg of 4x800m (2nd).
Hannah Riensche, Bailey Wright, Lindsey Kite, Sammie Sproul
5. Top Newcomers:
- Nicci Roberts (JR) 800m, 400m hurdles
- Tessa Clayton (JR) Hurdles
- Strong freshman class that should be able to help in the sprints and mid-distances, as well as, high jump and long jump
6. Other top teams in our division? Hudson, Cascade locally, Gilbert and Western Christian