Additional InformationThe A.D. Dickinson IGHSAU Indoor Track and Field Championships
March 20, 2012
"The Midwest's Premier High School Indoor Track Meet"
2012 Girls Indoor State Championships
Host: University of Northern Iowa
Competition Dates: Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 11:00am Start Time
Meet Director: Dan O'Mara
Rules: IGHSAU rules will govern all events.
Venue: The UNI-DOME track is one of the fastest 200 meter flat tracks in the United States (8 x 42" lanes). The track, long jump and high jump surfaces are polyurethane. The shot put circle is wood. Starting blocks will be furnished. No spikes longer than ¼" or 9mm will be permitted. Please bring your own batons, towels, spikes, and throwing implements.
Entry Fee: $150 maximum per team (boys and girls separate)
$20 per athlete
$20 per relay
Cash or check will be accepted. Make checks out to: UNI Athletics - Iowa HS Indoor Championships.
We MUST (because of NCAA regulations) have the entry fee in our possession prior to your athletes competing.
Checks can be mailed prior to the meet. Mail-in deadline for entry fees is March 15th
Send checks to: Kelly Destival, North Dome Offices UNI Dome, Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0310.
Those who wish to hand deliver the meet entry fee need to do so prior to the start of the meet.
Entries: *Note: There will be event standards for selected events*
Individual events: HJ, LJ, SP, 60m dash, 60m hurdles, 3000m Invitational, 1500m Invitational, 400m, 200m, 800m
You may enter two athletes in all individual events. Relays: (4x200m, 4x400m, 4x800m)
You may enter one team in each relay.
There will be minimum measurements or entry standards for the following events:
Long Jump: Minimum distance measured 14'6"
High Jump: Starting height 4'6"
400 meter: 20 sections of eight. Top four sections provided starting blocks
200 meter: 20 sections of eight. Top four sections provided starting blocks
800 meter: 10 sections of 14 competitors
Invitational Events *State Finalists and Verified Invitational Entries will be given first priority.*
3000 meter Invitational: Top 16 entries
1500 meter Invitational: Top 28 entries
We understand this is the first meet of the year for many athletes and establishing accurate seeding marks isn't always possible. We will make every effort to select the best possible fields for the Invitational sections. Previous outdoor state finalists will
be given priority, but we will also consider athletes who have yet to earn a quality mark in an invitational event. If you have an athlete who you feel should be considered for an invitational section, please provide addition information with their entry so we can more accurately determine the best possible fields.
On-line Entry: Entry for all athletes will be done on-line. This is an easy system to use. We have used it the past few
1. Click on the following link: http://www.aspimeetz.com/15369
2. Fill out all team information. You must create a team abbreviation and must create a username and password in order to get back into the system. Your abbreviation can not be the same as another team already signed up. (Meet Administration will monitor this and notify you if a change is necessary).
3. Use current 100m dash/110m hurdle times for the 60m dash/hurdle entry times. DO NOT use 60m times.
4. Use English (feet and inches) for the field event entry marks.
5. BE REALISTIC. We would like you to use 2010 outdoor best times or use times you have run at the time of this meet. If you enter a mark that is determined to be unrealistic your team will be moved at our discretion.
Entry Period: You may enter your team, add/subtract/make changes athletes and relays during this period. Do not select "Declare" during this period unless you are absolutely sure your line-up is final. After this deadline passes you may not enter your team unless you receive permission from the meet director. Begins Thursday, February 16 at 12:00pm Noon.
Declaration Deadline: Ends Thursday, March 15 at 12:00pm Noon.
You may continue to make changes/additions/scratches until the date/time listed above. You must "Declare" your team
prior to this deadline or your team/individuals/relays will be dropped from the meet.
Heat Sheet Posting: All heat sheets will be posted on Thursday, March 15 by 9:00pm. Sheets will be made
available on www.unipanthers.com
Seeding: All running events will be decided by running Sections against time. All sections will be run from
SLOW to FAST.
Scratches: We will not be taking scratches this year. We will only attempt to change heats or flights if less than
three competitors check-in with the clerk.
Changes/Substitution: (Ex. If replacing Jane Doe with Lisa Smith, please tell Lisa that she will check-in under Jane's
name and assume her heat/lane/flight assignment).
Awards/Scoring: Plaque to Winners and medals to top six. No Team Scores will be kept.
Field Events: Starting heights and other information:
* High Jump - starting height 4' 4" Two pits will be used if necessary.
* Long Jump - Flights will be seeded with the top jumpers in the final flight. All jumpers will be given three preliminary jumps. Minimum Distance - 14'6" . The top nine (9) performers from the prelims will advance to the finals.
* Shot Put - Flights will be seeded with the top throwers in the final flight. All throwers will be given three preliminary throws. The top nine (9) performers from the prelims will advance to the finals. Two circles may be used in the preliminary rounds if necessary.
Dickinson Girls Indoor State Meet - Tuesday, March 20.
Order of Events:
11:00am High Jump (starting height 4'4" feet)
11:00am Long Jump (Minimum distance measured 14'6")
11:00am Shot Put
11:00am 3000m Invitational (Top 16 entries)
60m hurdles prelims (top 16 advance to finals)
60m dash prelims (top 16 advance to finals)
1500m Invitational (Top 28 entries)
400m dash (20 sections of eight. Top 4 sections provided blocks
60m hurdle final (two heat final-slow to fast)
60m dash final (two heat final-slow to fast)
200m dash (20 sections of eight Top 4 sections provided blocks
800m run (10 sections of 14 competitors only)
*A final time schedule will be released after all entries have been declared.
*Remember--if we get ahead of schedule during the meet we will stay ahead.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- No discussion yet. Be the first!