Raheem Black, senior, Fort Madison HS
PR’s: 100m – 11.50, 400m – 49.69, 110mHH – 15.94, 400mLH – 52.45
1. When & how did you get started in track & field?
We used to have elementary track meets for 3rd through 5th grade. I also did the Hershey Games in elementary school. I officially started track in 7th grade when we were able to do it as an actual sport.
2. Person/people most influential to your success in track & field?
Brendan Thompson, because he has helped me become a good athlete, and pushes me to be
3. Your favorite track & field event(s)?
400m low hurdles, or relays that involve a team.
4. Your track & field event coach(es)?
Mike Wolters (sprints), Erin Benner (distance), and Jill Stull (hurdles).
5. Keys to your successful track & field training program?
I really don’t have any specific keys. I just work hard and hope for the best.
6. Your favorite track & field meet(s)?
The Drake Relays, because I get to see the most talented people, and compete with people I normally wouldn’t.
7. Track & field athlete(s) you most enjoy competing against?
Darrion Sanders, Derek Jones.
8. Most memorable experience in track & field so far?
Winning Drake Relays, and breaking a school record.
9. Greatest accomplishment(s) in track & field so far?
Winning Drake Relays and State.
10. Goals for the 2013 track & field season?
Winning Drake Relays and State again, in multiple events; and run consistent times.
11. If a senior, college/university you will attend, or schools you are considering?
I am considering the University of Iowa and Iowa State University.
12. Long-term goals in track & field?
Figuring out how to best run my races, and keeping my times consistent.
See Raheem’s IOWATFXC.COM webpage at https://ia.milesplit.com/athletes/1554557-raheem-black.