Houlihan to run in Dream Mile
The Adidas Grand Prix, Icahn Stadium, Randall’s Island, New York, June 11 is part of the Samsung Diamond League world-wide circuit, which brings together the top athletes in the world to vie for professional prize moneys in the Olympic track & field events. Added to the New York meet schedule are “High School Dream Mile” events, with only the very top HS female and male milers in the U.S. invited.
Sioux City East’s just graduated Shelby Houlihan is Iowa’s lone invitee. The field in the Girls’ High School Dream Mile includes (with best mile times):
- Kayla Beattie, Illinois, 5:01.89
- Alli Billmeyer, California, 4:48.01
- Eleanor Fulton, Colorado, 4:50.78
- Shelby Houlihan, Iowa, 4:29.26 1500m which translates to approximately 4:49 mile
- Madeleine Myers, Washington, 4:41.93
- Amy-Eloise Neale, Washington, 4:57.33
- Angel Piccirillo, Pennsylvania, 4:48.83
- Haley Pierce, Delaware, 4:52.75
- Ajee Wilson, New Jersey, 4:52.45
Good luck, Shelby!!!