“Projected Top 2012 Iowa HS T&F Teams” Interview – Dennis Adamson, head girls track coach, Ankeny High School, 4A Division
1. Keys to your success as a team in 2012? Finding roles for the freshmen to make all our events better and replace our two Seniors who graduated from our state team. We also expectstronger performances from all our returnees.
2. Team goals for 2012? Place in the top 10 at state, win the regional meet, and top 3 at conference.
3. Strongest event areas? Discus, high jump, long jump, hurdles, long sprints and middle distance.
4. Top returning athletes (and their class & event(s))? Returnees who placed at the state meet - Jenny Roberts JR. 3rd 400 Hurdles/9th 400 dash; Madi Robson 4th JR 400 Hurdles; Kelli Wong SO 7th 100 Hurdles; Kelsey Arneson JR 7th High Jump
5. Top newcomers (and their class & event(s))? The top new comers last year were Kelli Wong SO hurdles and Alyssa Schinkel JR, 400/800
6. Other top teams in your division? The usual suspects - Iowa City West, Iowa City High, Sioux City East, Valley, Roosevelt