“Projected Top 2012 Iowa HS T&F Athletes” Interview –
Karissa Schweizer, sophomore, Dowling Catholic High School
1. When & how did you get started in track & field? My parents ran and encouraged me to run track. I started running some meets in 5th grade but didn't get too serious until high school.
2. Person/people most influential to your success in track & field? My coaches, parents, and grandpa helped me a lot with my success in track and field.
3. Your favorite track & field event(s)? My favorite race is the 1500.
4. Your track & field event coach(es)? Kelly Parrot, Larry Weir, and Father Kirby
5. Keys to your successful track & field training program? Good coaching and a competitive team.
6. Your favorite track & field meet? State and Drake Relays
7. Track & field athlete(s) you most enjoy competing against? I like competing against the best runners in the state of Iowa.
8. Your greatest experience in track & field so far? Winning the 3000 at State
9. Goals for the 2012 track & field season? To try my hardest in all my races, and to make my coaches and parents proud. Also to do the best I can.
10. Long-term goals in track & field? To get a scholarship to run in college.