Aaron Taylor, senior, Waterloo East HS
PR’s: 100m – 10.55, 200m – 21.7
1. When & how did you get started in track & field?
I got into track my 7th grade year, after my mom would tell me about her achievements back in the 70’s at East. She told me all the good things she did on the track; and I thought to myself I wanted to be like her and better.
2. Person/people most influential to your success in track & field?
The people that influence me the most are my coaches. They never let me take it easy, and they always put a lot on my shoulders.
3. Your favorite track & field event(s)?
I would have to say the 200 meter dash. I fell in love with that event my sophomore year after I found some success in it. My second event is the 100 meter dash.
4. Your track & field event coach(es)?
My coaches are Tim Moses and Loren Velaquez.
5. Keys to your successful track & field training program?
The keys to success in my training program is my never say no attitude. I always work to my fullest.
6. Your favorite track & field meet(s)?
My favorite track meet is the Wartburg Invitational; the first meet of the year, and I just always love that feeling. The Drake Relays and State meet are my two other favorites just because they are so big and there is great competition there.
7. Track & field athlete(s) you most enjoy competing against?
The athletes I most enjoyed competing against were James Harrington and Terrell Martin. They were good competitors that always pushed me to my limits.
8. Most memorable experience in track & field so far?
My most memorable experiences in track was the three times I went to the Drake Relays and State meet.
9. Greatest accomplishment(s) in track & field so far?
My greatest accomplishment is breaking all the records i have broken.
10. Goals for the 2013 track & field season?
My goals for the 2013 season are - to run 10.3 in the 100 meters, run 21.4 in the 200 meters, and to win State in both events. But on top of those my main goal is to just have fun doing the sport I love.
11. If a senior, college/university you will attend, or schools you are considering?
I plan to attend Iowa Central Community College to run track and major in Criminal Justice. Then i will transfer to either Iowa State or the University of Northern Iowa to also run track there.
12. Long-term goals in track & field?
I want to make it to the 2016 summer Olympics in track & field.
See Aaron’s IOWATFXC.COM webpage https://ia.milesplit.com/athletes/1954343-aaron-taylor .