Lydia Saggau, senior, WDM Valley HS
PR’s: 400 – 58.86, 800 – 2:12.07, 1500 – 4:49.04, 4k XC – 14:23, 5k XC – 19:27
1. When & how did you get started in track & field?
I've always loved to run, and I grew up in a competitive home; so I think it's safe to say I started track and field when I was racing my siblings in circles around my house.
2. Person/people most influential to your success in track & field?
My parents, Dennis Schultz, & Brian Schroeder.
3. Your favorite track & field event(s)?
The 800 and the 4x400.
4. Your track & field event coach(es)?
5. Keys to your successful track & field training program?
Hard work and discipline.
6. Your favorite track & field meet(s)?
7. Track & field athlete(s) you most enjoy competing against?
All of them. I love competing against all the athletes.
8. Most memorable experience in track & field so far?
Coming from behind and winning the 4x800 at the drake relays.
9. Greatest accomplishment(s) in track & field so far?
Winning the Drake 800m.
10. Goals for the 2013 track & field season?
To leave it all on the track.
11. If a senior, college/university you will attend, or schools you are considering?
The University of Kansas.
12. Long-term goals in track & field?
To compete at a national level.
See Lydia’s IOWATFXC.COM webpage at https://ia.milesplit.com/athletes/1045161-lydia-saggau .